Lidna’s Thanksgiving meme!
1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinarily adventurous? Mostly traditional – maybe some surprises but you never can tell when 20+ people contribute to the meal!
2. Tell me something concrete that you’re thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like “hope.”) Does the weather qualify? It is absolutely beautiful – cool (for us!) and clear. High tomorrow 65. Which brings me to the second thing I’m thankful for – this warm, wireless laptop!
3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you’re thankful for. The unspoken, sometimes incomprehensible ways my husband shows his love for me.
4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn’t have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory. Last year – eating Thanksgiving “dinner” at a hospital McD’s. Realizing how much we had to be thankful for in that our son’s injuries were severe, were not life-threatening.
5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year? Consuming too many calories! With lunch at husband’s parent’s and dinner at mine, it’s unavoidable.
6. Do your pets get any left-overs? Our one cat will probably get a little turkey.
7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying? Yes, we pray holding hands in a circle. At the in-law’s, it is usually my father-in-law who prays. At my family’s, it is usually my husband.
8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing? The guys will watch football – the women usually talk. I’m taking the game “Apples to Apples” and my daughter and I will coerce others to play. 🙂 We did this at my mom’s last year and it was a HUGE hit.
9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing? There are recipes that call for oysters in the dressing?
10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving? semi-informed. I’m just glad we’ve expanded the menu!
11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying? Buttermilk and pecan, baby!!!
12. Do you feel for the turkey?? Only when I think about him…her???