Trying my hand at answering Linda’s meme.
1.Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
I’ve shot a ‘real’ gun only once. I have a BB gun I use to run off the occasional animal. (We live in the country.) I’ve only shot a play bow and arrow, and that was a long long time ago.
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
I had 2 ‘best friends’ growing up. My best friend from my elementary years has passed away. My best friend from high school is now living in Lesotho, a country surrounded by South Africa.
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
Early. Our music pastor says it best….”Early is on time, and on time is late.”
4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
Are you asking if I’m uptight or laid back? I’m more middle country.
5. Do you have a special ring tone?
I just set Brandon Heath’s “Give Me Your Eyes” as my ringtone. That song has special meaning to me. I run a non-profit dental clinic, and that is my prayer every day before we see patients. That I will see the patients through God’s eyes and love them with His heart.
6. What is your favorite type of chip?
Poker. Just kidding. I’m Baptist. 🙂 I think my all-time fav is BBQ although my current fav – and I try to stay far, far away – is Salt and Black Pepper.
7. Best comedy you’ve ever seen is ….
Questions like this stress me out. I don’t remember movies 30 minutes after I’ve seen them. So I don’t know.
8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, “How’d that work for ya?”
Why yes I have. If you count bangs. But that’s it.
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
Right now it would be my house. I’m pretty satisfied with how I look. Right now.
10. Are you allergic to anything?
Yes. Dust, mold, mildew. I take allergy shots. And drugs.
11. Why is it so hard to change?
Shall I get on my soapbox? Change is hard because it’s not comfortable. It’s new. We – humans – are lazy. We want the easy way out, and anything having to do with change is NOT the easy way. Okay, I’ll get off now.
12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, “To love is to be vulnerable.” Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you’d like to about this topic.
Hmmm….this could get very personal and very long. Anyone who loves, who opens their heart, is vulnerable. You can’t love without being vulnerable. You just can’t.